SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ASA - MISSION STATEMENT
- To promote softball within the Southern California boundaries for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry.
- To promote all phases of softball including men’s, women’s and youth.
- To establish standard rules and regulations that can be observed by all members.
- To conduct well-organized championship tournaments.
- To be represented by teams in local, region, area and national tournaments.
- To promote, organize and conduct clinics and seminars in the proper skills of softball play and rules of the game.
- To assist International softball teams when requested.
Southern California ASA (So Cal ASA) is an affiliate of ASA/USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States and a United States Olympic Committee (USOC) voting member. Southern California ASA organizes youth clinics, umpire seminars and conducts national qualifying tournaments in slow pitch and fast pitch for men, women and youth.
Southern California ASA is a non-governmental and non-profit organization. We are staffed by volunteers dedicated to the advancement of softball at all levels of play. Our funds go to the administration of activities and other related events that benefit our team membership. Southern California ASA is responsible for all financial obligations in the operation of the program. This association is self supporting and does not receive any sponsorship funds from National ASA/USA Softball.